To help with your planning, here is a list of what you get, for no extra charge, when you stay at Norse Cove:
a beautiful view of the ocean,
coffee at the store during hours of operation,
picnic tables and campfire rings,
family/accessible washroom with a baby change station, toilet, sink and accessible shower,
use of a sheltered backyard-style BBQ,
board games at the store,
outdoor games (badminton, washer toss, etc.),
library access at the store,
charging station for phones, tablets, cameras, etc.,
a scullery for dish cleaning,
a small, shared fridge in the scullery,
access to the ocean point trail that leads to the Inukshuk building grounds,
solitude or camaraderie, your choice.
There is loose, burnable wood throughout the campground that you are welcome to use for your campfire. We have packaged firewood & kindling for sale for $9.50 per.
Have we missed anything?
Norse Cove Camping
Norse Cove Camping is a wilderness campground where we promote an appreciation and preservation of the surrounding natural environment. Having said that, we have provided some basic amenities to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable. We ask you to respect the campground, other visitors and the environment by following these rules.
1. ALL guests (overnighters and day visitors) and vehicles must be registered with Norse
2. Cancellation 48 hours or more prior to check-in time will be fully refunded.
3. Quiet time starts at 2300 (11:00 pm) and goes until 0700 (7:00 am). During this time,
please keep quiet and enjoy the sounds of nature. Our preference is to not have
generators running however, if absolutely necessary, generators can be used to top up
batteries from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
4. Risk of uncontrolled fires is high in a wilderness campground. All campfires and cooking
fires must be kept in the campground fire rings, flames must be controlled, supplied
ember grills must be used and fires must not be left unattended (adult present).
Campfires must be extinguished by 2300 (11:00 pm). Cigarette butts and matches must
be disposed of safely.
5. Alcohol is restricted to each guests’ registered campsite.
6. The ocean is dangerous! There are no lifeguards on duty. Please supervise your children
and each other in the vicinity of the shoreline.
7. Pets are allowed. Regular rules apply: pick up after your dog and keep him under
control. A few things to consider: there is wildlife both on land and in the water that
your dog may find interesting, there may be other dogs and/or children on the
campground and this is the wilderness. Control is important and vaccinations should be
up to date. Owners are fully responsible for their pets.
8. Check-in is from 2:00 - 8:00 pm and check-out is at noon. If you have activities
planned or have an outfitter trip booked earlier in the day, you are welcome to arrive earlier,
check-in at the the store, park in the Day Visitor parking and enjoy the campground. If
your campsite is ready on your arrival, we will let you know. Same idea for afternoon
plans after check-out; pack your car and park it in Day Visitor parking and enjoy your
Be respectful. Please.