Camping season has officially started.
You are so excited to go camping in April but when you get there you discover you forgot a tarp and the forecast is calling for rain.
Remember your prepping days when you had that Rubbermaid bin in the basement with everything you needed to survive the Zombie Apocalypse? I am willing to bet that there’s a tarp in there.
Spring camping offers the most amazing new experiences; the peepers, the deer, the morning ocean fog, the cacophony of newly returning songbirds but, if you want to enjoy it, take a few extra seconds to read through this checklist and be prepared.
- Tent (if you are not staying in a Nordic Hut)
- Ground Sheet (unless you are camping on a Norse Cove Tent Platform)
- Sleeping Bags
- Foamy or Sleeping Pad
- Lantern and/or Headlamps
- Dry Matches
- First Aid Kit (fun fact: owners are retired paramedics)
- Hatchet and a Knife
- Cookstove (or use the Norse Cove BBQ)
- Clothing Layers
- Water resistant hiking boots
- Towels (for after your Norse Cove hot shower)
- Water bottles, plates and cutlery (mess kit)
- Camera (for the amazing views)
- Extras: can opener, corkscrew
Beat the bugs and the crowds! Camp early and often.